Computer Support Program
The Literacy Society of the North Okanagan has partnered with the Okanagan Regional Library (Vernon Branch) to provide basic computer tutoring services for adults.
There will a volunteer available at the Vernon library on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Adults can register for one hour of help with a volunteer during those times.
Tutors will be able to help with iPads, tablets, laptops or the library computers.
Tutoring pairs work on the following skills;
- Setup up and/or using an email account
- Sending and saving photos
- Searching the internet and saving links
- Creating folders and saving files
- Understanding your computer, android tablet or iPad
Without our dedicated volunteers this program would not be possible.
Our volunteers are all required to;
- Attend an orientation/training session
- Undergo a criminal record check
- Receive ongoing support from the program coordinator
“This program helps seniors to demystify the computer. I could not have asked for a better match!”
“I hope this program can continue as it makes for a healthy and social environment for seniors in the community.”