Due to COVID-19, this program has been temporarily suspended. Please see our homepage for our other initiatives and/or subscribe to our newsletter for updates. Thank you for your understanding!
Computer Support Program
Literacy Society of the North Okanagan
The Literacy Society of the North Okanagan has partnered with the Okanagan Regional Library (Vernon Branch) to provide basic computer tutoring services for adults.
There will a volunteer available at the Vernon library on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Adults can register for one hour of help with a volunteer during those times.
Tutors will be able to help with iPads, tablets, laptops or the library computers.
Tutoring pairs work on the following skills
- Setup up and/or using an email account
- Sending and saving photos
- Searching the internet and saving links
- Creating folders and saving files
- Understanding your computer, android tablet or iPad
Without our dedicated volunteers this program would not be possible. Our volunteers are all required to:
- Attend an orientation/training session
- Undergo a criminal record check
- Receive ongoing support from the program coordinator